- 1 Why are Drug Rehab Marketing Strategies Important?
- 2 99% of Drug Rehab Marketing Doesn’t Rank on Google
- 3 Drug Rehab Marketing Citations Help Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- 4 Capitalizing on Back-links Increases SEO
- 5 Building SEO Back-links Requires a Good Drug Rehab Marketing Agency
- 6 What Are Drug Rehab Marketing Citations?
- 7 Citations Relationship to SEO
- 8 California Drug Rehabs Need SEO
- 9 Citations Are Not a Guarantee of Page One Rankings with SEO
- 10 California CEO’s Get Proven Drug Rehab Marketing and SEO Training on 5/20/20
- 11 Learning Drug Rehab Marketing and SEO Strategies
Why are Drug Rehab Marketing Strategies Important?
Drug rehab marketing citations has become a difficult task for generating leads. You probably clicked on this article to find out what new trouble is going on with addiction treatment centers owners. If you don’t know what a citation is and how it can generate treatment calls you are in the correct place.
Citations are the foundation that enable you to rank on page one of Google. Google critically checks these for several reasons. It wants to know you are a legit business therefore you must register on highly rated listing websites. Google also wants to prevent spam in the maps section. Many rehabilitation centers have done a poor job with citations.
There is a considerable increase in the number of Addiction Treatment Centers countrywide and new marketing laws. If you’re solely relying on boots on the ground your center is a great risk on many levels. This also means to attract more clients to your center; you must find a way to rise above the competition.
Your advertising and marketing strategies must be exceptional both on and offline. Every successful business today has an online presence. Let’s look at how you can improve your online marketing strategy.
99% of Drug Rehab Marketing Doesn’t Rank on Google
Old drug rehab marketing strategies die hard. Rehab Owners have always relied on PPC as their main strategy. In 2019 that strategy is no longer as effective. The benefits of organically ranking on page one of Google for key terms greatly outweighs PCC. Since 99% of your competition is not there, this is the best way to compete against the big players and the aggregates. Consider this, Google AdWords, or PPC only generate 2% of page one clicks. Google Maps and the first three organic slots get about 60% of the clicks. The best part is you do not have to pay for the click over and over again.
Try and Google “drug rehabs” followed by your city. Then Google “drug rehabs” followed by your state. In an example, drug rehabs Los Angeles, and drug rehabs California. You can see who is paying for the clicks and who ranks in maps and the first three slots organically. You want to rank on page one for all your key services like;
- Drug rehabs
- Inpatient drug rehabs
- Outpatient drug rehabs
- Opiate detox
- Alcohol detox
- Sober homes
Drug Rehab Marketing Citations Help Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Drug rehab marketing citations and SEO go hand in hand. SEO is a process used to improve a website’s rank in Google’s search results. For every addiction treatment center to successfully create marketing campaigns, they must follow certain steps in search engine optimization. What are the top 3 things to do for SEO with drug rehab marketing?
- Start by doing keyword research. This is the first step in optimizing your website. To do this, use platforms such as Google Keyword Planner which will help you explore the various keywords others in your industry use. Having knowledge of these keywords is imperative because it helps you develop a marketing strategy in the same language your audience uses to communicate. So when potential clients are looking for an Addiction Treatment Center, they will most likely search using the same wording thus making it easier for them to find your site.
- Once you identify your keywords, use them in various pages of your site, ensuring you have one primary keyword for each of your pages. This helps in ranking your site’s individual pages each time someone uses a unique keyword to your nice. It helps you grab the user’s attention before they can move on to your competitors’ sites.
- Over and above using the right keywords, SEO also involves instinctive site design. This means ensuring your images are adequately compressed, videos embedded, and that your site has efficient HTML coding. When all these elements are put together, your site will have a greater presence that attracting new clients to your Addiction Treatment Center.
The key to drug rehab marketing on the web is back-links. This was a lesson learned by drug rehab centers in Florida. The new marketing laws originated in the Sunshine State. Once these new laws started many ethical operators found themselves struggling. Back-links also known as external or inbound links are those that point from other sites back to yours. When back-links are used properly, they help search engines decide how popular and authoritative your site is, as well as its relative significance on the web.
Back-links ultimately help make your site popular. In Google’s algorithm for Page Ranking, every time a hyperlink occurs in a web page, it is taken as a vote of confidence for that particular page’s websites recommend other sites with quality content to their audiences. This is why drug rehab marketing citations are important. For instance, a pharmaceutical site is likely to an Addiction Treatment Center. A website about fishing licenses is likely to link to a site about fishing and so on and so forth. So, the more other sites back-link to yours, the higher your SEO ranking.
A good drug rehab marketing agency will know to build industry back-links. Back-links are not just about making your site popular. They are a key component of drug rehab marketing. Your site will not just get a good Page Rank because of the number of times other sites have linked to yours. The system also factors in trust, authority, and relevance of your site and content.
In fact, some back-links can work against your ranking. If your back-links seem unnatural, Google will penalize you thus pushing your site further down in the Page Rank system. For instance, if your Addiction Treatment Center is back-linked to a Hunters Club website, this would be an example of unnatural back-links.
The basic guideline for using back-links is:
- Good back-links are derived from authority websites in your industry. These are non-spam-my websites with content that is similar to that on your site. They are from experts who write about topics similar to yours. However, you can get creative and use drug rehab marketing on websites for cities and towns..
- Bad links are those that are derived from websites that have no relationship to yours. For example, an insurance brokerage site back-linking to a dog training site. Search unnatural links only harm your ranking.
- Ugly back-links are those that come from spam sites, link farms, sell links and sites with poor quality content.
What Are Drug Rehab Marketing Citations?
NAP stands for name, address, and phone number. This is the basic info businesses provide on their online platforms to make it easy for clients to find them. Additional information that is important to have on your site includes hours of operation, the physical location of your business, type of business, and social profiles aligned to your business.
Every time NAP data is recorded on a site, it is referred to as NAP citation. NAP citations are crucial in making your business visible both online and offline. They also help users to understand what your business is about, what services you offer and how to reach you. If NAP citation is not properly done, however, they can send mixed signals to core search engines such as Google and data generators, leaving those who visit your site more confused about you and your business.
Citations Relationship to SEO
Poor citations equal bad drug rehab marketing which translates to SEO ranking. This is one of the lessons that need to be learned from “Drug Rehab Marketing SEO Vs. Digital Darwinism.” It’s a crucial lesson because search engines also rely on understanding your business when ranking.
So how can you build citations for your Addiction Treatment Center? Marketing for an Addiction Treatment Center differs from marketing for any other business. It’s critical to use the correct citations for this unique industry. Search engines such as Google already know a whole lot about your business.
However, it still needs to use aggregated data to make decisions on what is displayed in search results. For instance, if a user types ‘find a drug rehab close to San Diego, California, Google can decide to use a local citation of your Addiction Treatment Center in Indiana in displaying the search results.
California Drug Rehabs Need SEO
Drug rehabs Los Angeles are struggling from new patient brokering laws and Legit Script certification. To be eligible for Google AdWords, and PPC on Facebook you need Legit Script certification. This is making it difficult for many addiction treatment centers across the US.
This is also true for the best drug rehabs San Diego rehabilitation centers. They have little understanding in search engine optimization. They are uneducated on the over 200 ranking factors that Google spiders are looking for to rank pages.
Getting on the first page of Google is a difficult task even for the best drug rehab marketing and SEO specialists. This process takes time. Rehabilitation centers can expect to wait for about 90-days to be making an impact on the SERPs. However, the payoff is that the first 3 organic rankings on page one of Google get bout 60% of the clicks.
Citations Are Not a Guarantee of Page One Rankings with SEO
A citation is not a guarantee that your business will appear in the search results but it’s very useful for location-specific searches. Google always takes into consideration local citations when presenting search results. That is why your NAP citations should be as specific as possible. While citations are the foundation of SEO, there are many other things that must be done.
Here is where the biggest problem for drug and alcohol addiction treatment centers lie. There is so much to be done however this comes at a cost. Many CEO and Marketing Directors do not have a large enough drug rehab marketing budget. They are too used to using pay per click which is not as effective in 2020. Drug rehab SEO takes time, money, and dedication to work. It takes approximately 3-4 months to start ranking for popular long-tail keywords. This only happens when many things are done correctly.
For Addiction Treatment Centers, citation building and local marketing yield best results. When business owners work with industry experts who understand the relevance of vertical directories. Working with a professional will help guarantee visibility and the highest reach for your Addiction Treatment Center, within the addiction treatment industry.
California CEO’s Get Proven Drug Rehab Marketing and SEO Training on 5/20/20
CEO’s must first understand that ranking organically on page one for key terms is paramount to generating clients. A few understand that ranking organically can generate 1000’s of calls without repeatedly paying for the click. Behavioral Health Network Resources holds three addiction conferences every year on drug rehab marketing. check out our next event providing drug rehab SEO solutions and outreach tools for referral sources. This addiction conference is on 5/20/20 and should be attended by all addiction treatment centers.
These much needed c-suite executive events provide immediate solutions to Owners long-term problem of generating clients and outreach tools. This event covers;
- How to ethically fill beds?
- What is the AdWords, Legit Script controversy?
- Teach what to do for SEO
- How Google AdWords and Legit Script are wasting marketing dollars?
- Why 99% of rehab websites have SEO holes on their websites repeatedly wasting $10,000’s of dollars?
- How to properly use press releases to generate leads?
Learning Drug Rehab Marketing and SEO Strategies
Drug rehab marketing is a difficult task. A complete understanding of SEO, back-links, and citations is critical. The main area of drug and alcohol addiction treatment centers need to focus on is search engine optimization. Relying on Google AdWords, PPC and Legit Script certification is no longer effective.
With the lead generators and large treatment centers spending over $500,000 per month the smaller centers are wasting advertising dollars. The small centers need to play smarter. They need to incorporate SEO in their drug rehab marketing. Reach out to us at 561-235-6195 we can provide a no-obligation drug rehab SEO report and show you how you are wasting advertising dollars.