Why I need to think about Alcohol Addiction Treatment Centers Drug Rehabs?
Before seeking alcohol addiction treatment centers drug rehabs you must accept and understand what alcohol addiction is. Admitting you or someone you know has an addiction to alcohol is a hard reality to accept. Unfortunately, this disease is the third leading lifestyle-related cause of death in the nation, which also means that you are not alone on the journey to recovery.
The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence shares that alcoholism does not stem from how long someone has been drinking or his or her alcohol of choice. Instead, alcoholism is rooted in a lack of willpower and a craving for the substance, equal to that of needing food or water. Denial is a typical response when considering the idea of whether you or a loved one struggles with alcohol addiction. However, the sooner signs of abuse are detected and addressed, the easier it is to regain control of your life through various forms of alcohol treatment.
Why is Alcohol Addiction Treatment Needed?
The consumption of excessive alcohol in 2010 cost the US $249 billion or roughly $2.05 per drink consumed as reported by the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention). The burden in the US resulted in losses in workplace productivity, health care expenses, the justice system, auto accidents and damages to property. A whopping $2 out of every $5 of the economic costs of excessive alcohol use were paid by federal, state and local government. These are only the numbers for binge drinking. Binge drinking is defined for women as four or more drinks per occasion or five or more for men.
The same CDC report shows drug rehabs and alcohol addiction treatment centers as a needed resource for drug rehabilitation. Across the US this is an area for concern of alcohol misuse falling in the middle of all US states. Florida drug rehabs to Los Angeles, California are in great need. These are popular vacation destination with many drug rehab alcohol addiction treatment centers.
Alcohol Addiction Treatment Centers Needed Due to Increased Risk
The chances an individual becoming addicted to alcohol is based on several factors. The Mayo Clinic identifies alcohol misuse factors as genetic, psychological, social and environmental. For example, if an individual’s family has a history of alcoholism then he or she will have an increased risk of becoming an addict.
An individual also has an increased risk of becoming an addict if he or she has a mental illness and uses alcohol to self-medicate. Social and cultural factors can also be the root of many alcohol disorders as an individual is pressured by family members or peers to consume large amounts of alcohol or binge drink on a regular basis. This is why places like BeWell Recovery drug rehabs Los Angeles California are needed.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) a drink consists of 12-ounces of beer, 8-ounces of malt liquor, 5-ounces of wine or 1.5-ounces of distilled liquor (vodka, whiskey, etc…). Excessive drinking for women 4 or more drinks on one occasion, or for men 5 or more. Heavy drinking is defined as 8 or more drinks per week for women, and 15 or more drinks per week for men. While moderate drinking is one drink per day for women and 2 drinks per day for men.
What are the signs of Needing Alcohol Addiction Treatment?
According to drug rehabs Los Angeles articles, picking up on the signs of an alcohol addiction can save a loved one’s life or your own life. The following are some of the key signs of alcoholism. When reading through the signs, honestly analyze each point so you can accurately determine whether you or someone you know struggles with alcoholism and needs to seek treatment. Alcohol use disorder is classified by being mild, moderate or severe. The severity of alcohol use disorder is based on the symptoms one is experiencing;
- Not being able to limit the amount of alcohol consumed
- Unsuccessful attempt to reduce how much you drink
- The amount of time-consuming, obtaining alcohol or recovering from the aftermath of alcohol use
- Uncontrollable urges to drink alcohol
- Failing to fulfill work or job obligations
- Needing alcohol to relax
- Drinking alone or in secrecy
- A decline in school grades
- Family obligations neglected or declining
- Continuing the use of alcohol when it’s causing physical and social problems
- Not participating, or a reduction in hobbies, work activities, and social interactions
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol
- You have developed a tolerance for alcohol causing you to need more to feel its effects
- You Experience withdrawal symptoms including shaking, nausea, sweating
- Drinking more to avoid the withdrawal
- thdrawal symptoms
What Types of Alcohol Addiction Treatment Centers Methods Are Available?
There are several different types of drug and alcohol addiction treatment centers drug rehabs options. Whatever your option a customized treatment plan must be put into place by the addiction treatment center. Getting educated on evidence-based addiction treatment with providing the best options when seeking alcohol addiction treatment Tenn. Some of the addiction treatment options include;
- Residential Addiction Treatment
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Intensive Out Patient Treatment (IOP drug rehabs Fort Lauderdale Florida)
- Opiate detox West Palm Beach
- Sober Homes
What Are Partial Hospitalization Addiction Treatment Programs?
Residential treatment not only provides the foundation for an individual’s path to recovery but should also promote health and overall wellness. However, the national stats show many individuals do not seek treatment. The Surgeon Generals 2015 report on alcohol, drugs and health shows over 175 million persons aged 12 and older, a whopping 65% of this population, reported alcohol use in the past year, It also outlined that 66 million (24.9%) individuals reported binge drinking in their past month. Many of these individuals could benefit from drug rehabs Los Angeles addiction treatment centers if they reached out for help.
Partial Hospitalization programs should entice the senses and spirit. Individuals should be able to focus their attention on their recovery and benefit from intensive therapy including. relapse prevention. Residential treatment is the critical starting point of a comprehensive recovery program. This critical component of addiction treatment is the foundation of recovery providing these crucial advantages:
- Residential addiction treatment can be fierce and demanding and difficult at times. This option should offer individuals temporary relief from stress due to obligations, devoting their complete attention to getting the necessary foundation of recovery.
- Around the clock supervision from trained professionals and ensuring safety during this hypersensitive phase of recovery.
- Provide a supportive environment with highly qualified professionals committed to fostering recovery.
- A healing environment suffering from the mental, emotional and physical damage substance abuse or eating disorders.
- Professional nutritional guidance and counseling, fitness therapy, and comfortable lodging.
- Foster new, meaningful and healthy friendships with individuals that have comparable challenges and objectives.
- Provide a complete daily schedule of evidenced-based treatment, counseling, therapy, relapse prevention techniques, and activities.
- Healthy meals that provide the necessary nutrition to promote recovery.
What Are Some Outpatient Addiction Treatment Programs Therapeutic Approaches?
Residential-based programs should utilize many therapeutic approaches. These drug rehabilitation therapies should concentrate on the physical, mental, and spiritual needs of the individual. This is an intense level of care after alcohol detox New Jersey. Residential addiction treatment should provide an environment that promotes connection and restoration of community.
The use of the alternative approaches below and traditional evidence-based practices (CBT, DBT, EMDR, Experiential Therapy, etc.) will provide healing and transformation. There are other aspects of addiction treatment including opiate detox Phoenix Arizona. All residential treatment programs should provide experienced licensed professional. They provide solutions to grow diagnosis and treatment. An individual treatment plan that is customized based on the unique needs is essential. Some of the therapeutic approaches are;
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Psychiatric support
- 12-step philosophy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Adventure-based therapies
- Nutritional counseling
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic therapies
What Are Intensive Out-Patient Treatment Programs (IOP)?
Intensive Outpatient Treatment (IOP) is a rehabilitation program that may be selected for those who do not need a medically-supervised detox. This drug and alcohol substance abuse rehabilitation option provides a part-time, intensive schedule of addiction treatment. Intensive outpatient programs should provide clinical, peer and emotional support systems designed for each individual. There are many options available for alcohol addiction treatment centers Drug Rehabs. Some of the treatment an individual should receive include;
- 12 hours per week for 8 weeks providing evidenced-based addiction treatment programs
- Allows individuals to continue living at home, or at a sober living facility, working and spending time with family
- Individual and group counseling therapy
- Develop communication skills and participate in social experiences
- Provide relapse prevention techniques
- Provide group settings that foster comfort, help, and support from peers experiencing the same difficulties
- Inject structure, organization, and discipline for a healthy lifestyle and to get control of an individual’s chaotic life and poor choices
- Provide emotional and peer support
Sober Homes, Livings and Half Way Houses
Sober livings or sober homes West Palm Beach are drug and alcohol-free living habitats for individuals in drug and alcohol addiction treatment or transitioning after treatment. This is a structured environment with many providers including 12-step programs and solid recovery approaches. Many times, residents are required to engage in 12-step meetings, take drug tests and prove they are taking the important steps to long-term recovery.
This is a critical and temporary step to long-term sobriety. Sober livings should provide a supervised climate that is highly structured with curfews, chores and restorative meetings. Sober homes assist in transiting back into mainstream society. Integrative Life Center has the Best sober homes, livings, and ½ way house Van Nuys. There are many options for sober homes and should be included when seeking alcohol addiction treatment drug rehabs Van Nuys. Sober homes should provide;
- 24/7 resident manager on duty
- Safety is a controlled environment. Things to look for in a sober home include; how well the staffed is trained, do they know CPR, what does their no drug policy entail, and what is their protocol for emergencies.
- What is the vibe of the sober home? Visit prior to accepting to see what the residents are like and get their impressions of the services provided. This will be vital to determine if this is the right sober living for you.
- What types of activities are provided to foster your recovery journey?
- What type of support systems are provided like 12-steps, NA, counseling, and relapse prevention?
- Sober homes give you a chance to own your recovery with training wheels. This is a trial point where you must have and obey rules that will help you transition back into society. They should challenge you to provide the tools to long-term sobriety.
The Importance of Relapse Prevention in Addiction Treatment
Relapse prevention is a valuable tool at every level of care for addiction treatment. This is taught to many addiction professionals at addiction conferences across the US to help provide better quality of care. Alcoholics are susceptible to relapse into alcohol dependence at any time. Thorough, comprehensive, and ongoing rehabilitation and maintenance of sobriety are the keys to a successful alcohol treatment approach. Holistic support services include:
- diet and nutrition
- exercise programs
- massage therapy
- spiritual healing
- mental health services
- medical and clinical treatments
- other forms of transformational recovery
Learning from Our Alcohol Addiction Treatment Centers Drug Rehabs
This alcohol addiction treatment centers drug rehabs article provides vital information from West Palm Beach to drug rehabs San Diego. When seeking drug and alcohol addiction treatment there are a lot of things to learn. It explains the rise and depth of alcohol misuse, what to look for when individuals suffer from addiction and provide information on what to look for when seeking treatment.
Understanding residential addiction treatment, partial hospitalization programs (PHP), Intensive Out Patient Treatments (IOP), and sober homes is a critical step. You’ve taken the first step by wanting a better life, now it’s time to get educated on the best path for your recovery. Many addiction professionals get educated on evidenced-based treatment at addiction conferences and are a good source when seeking treatment.
As a result, there are many treatment options suited to cater to the distinct needs of each individual. For the large majority of individuals struggling with alcohol addiction, a support system and guidance on how to overcome and manage the disease are necessary. With any treatment option, it all starts with a comprehensive assessment and evaluation.
This critical step must be performed by qualified and credentialed clinical addiction professionals. Remember the addiction treatment path will be made based on the individual, their history, severity and behavioral health issues. Everyone’s treatment is unique to their situation and circumstances. If you or a loved one are struggling with alcohol detox and drug addiction, seek help today and regain control of your life.