Addiction treatment center marketing has many fluff posts with little meat on how to market in our industry. Many miss the most important factor and that’s the necessity of having a large audience. There are many components needed in a drug rehab marketing mix, but without reaching a targeted audience you are wasting time and marketing budget.
Understanding Addiction Treatment Center Marketing Components
Drug and alcohol addiction treatment centers expect instant results that they are used to getting from pay per click and call center lead generation. Their addiction center treatment marketing is dependent on the instant calls from these two short-term solutions that they have to pay for over and over again. Before the Google restrictions in our industry, there were about 75 big time players spending $500,000-$1,500,000 a month in that big boy sandbox. The google restrictions will be lifted for those who qualify and they will be competing for the 1.91% of the clicks that paid marketing (PPC) generates. Hopefully many have learned from this and are including a better option with their addiction treatment marketing plan. Organic rankings on page one of Google account for a whopping 70% of the click-throughs. Generating leads is a huge problem for many of the small to medium-sized treatment centers that only waste their marketing dollars on AdWords. They should include a localized SEO marketing strategy because they can compete with the big players with the marketing strategy.
Drug Rehab Call Tracking Metrics is an Absolute Must in a Marketing Plan
Call Tracking Metrics (a must to know where your calls are coming from, this is an inexpensive took), SEO, AdWords, PPC, “DRIP” Campaigns, mobile, call center lead generation, email mail marketing, organic rankings, gorilla marketing, Facebook. LinkedIn, professional events, branding, networking, knowing all the search engines, listings on high traffic addiction sites (make sure if your link is coming from a website that the site has a PR7 or higher rating otherwise it’s hurting you,) being a thought leader and many more.
Had they set-up their addiction treatment center marketing with a marketing mix (many different buckets) and tracked their calls they would not be dependent on one. A varied marketing mix is paramount in any business. Millennial’s have changed marketing forever and any business in our industry needs to grow their social media footprint for several reasons.
E-Harmony is one of the most known and successful dating websites in the US. They have 66 million users and have produced 2 million marriages (the divorce rate of these marriages is 3.86%).
One of the main reasons they are successful is that they have grown their social media audience and understand how to market to them.
In the addiction and behavioral health industry, many of the treatment centers and sales/service organizations either get an agency (that doesn’t have the addiction treatment center marketing audience) or attempt to do this in-house. When an agency is hired to perform social media marketing it takes a little while before the center realizes the agency is only good for paid marketing. They have not grown an audience that the addiction treatment center owns. Some advertising and marketing agencies will try to grow Facebook business likes to show they have done some work. This strategy is not effective due to Facebook’s new algorithm changes. Facebook’s new changes are heavily restricting posts from business pages. The power is now in personal profiles and groups.
Understanding How to Use Social Media for Drug Rehab Marketing
Once treatment centers realize the large cookie cutter drug rehab marketing agency they hired is not producing results, and they haven’t even grown any electronic assets, they try to do the social media themselves. This could produce results that have the lowest cost per acquisition in their marketing. However, this does not happen immediately it takes time to build your brand in 1000’s of social media groups and corral a targeted audience. For this to happen they need to know each of the key social mediums intimately. Some drug and alcohol addiction treatment centers think social media marketing is easy and attempt to do it in-house. They think that a couple of posts will produce activity and generate leads. They also do not place or look at any back-end metrics like Google Analytics and call tracking. These are essential because they clearly tell you how much traffic is generated, where the traffic is coming from and what is or isn’t performing.
Addiction treatment social media marketing requires a complete understanding of the different mediums. Each has its own strength and it’s own secrets, tricks, and back-doors to maximize reach and your time investment. Knowing where, how and when for each particular medium is the difference from reaching 50 to reaching 1000’s.
6 Key Ways for Drug Rehab Marketing to Utilize Social Media for Addiction Treatment Centers
- How to craft content (the old days of a hard advertising pitch with features and benefits doesn’t work anymore) it’s not about your organization it’s about attracting and engaging your target audience.
- Tracking their marketing with Google analytics and knowing where and what is producing their calls with CallTrackingMetrics.
- How to grow a targeted audience on the 5 mediums in our industry. The benefit of this is when you grow your audience it is yours forever and you can repeatedly get your message in front of them.
- Must be active on 5 mediums (LinkedIn, Facebook, G+, Twitter, and YouTube), or use an organization that has a large footprint in our industry of professionals and individuals seeking treatment that pull the traffic to them.
- Knowing how to push a targeted audience to their website increasing SEO, getting treatment clients to make the tough decision to get treatment there, networking and setting up potential reciprocal referral relationships and getting potential clients for sales/service organizations.
- Understand that having their own content housed on their website will give returns on SEO, getting more clients for treatment centers, and leads for sales/service organizations for years and years (with the correct content you re-purpose it to your social media audience for a long time.)
E-Harmony of Addiction Treatment Marketing
We are the E-Harmony in the Addiction and behavioral health industry with one of the nation’s largest addiction treatment center marketing social media footprints.
- We assist Treatment Centers, Detox Facilities, Addiction and behavioral health Sales and Service Organizations, Private Clinicians, Interventionists, Attorneys, Social Workers, Chiropractors, and even addiction and behavioral health individuals looking for employment utilizing social media in our industry to grow their social media footprint, network, increase organic SEO, get connected with those seeking treatment, generate referrals, set up reciprocal referral relationships and much more.
- We set-up a proven marketing shell for treatment centers, detox’s, industry related sales/service organizations. Ask about our 90-day social media marketing package.
- Teach you how to grow and utilize social media.
- Teach you how to grow your professional email list with the hard to reach professionals than can produce referrals and sales.
- Teach you how to use social media to produce treatment clients, and Sales/Service, clients. Ways to grow your contacts and how to use them to get referrals. How to grow and reach your targeted audience (addiction and behavioral related, professionals, and individuals seeking treatment).
- Increase your web traffic using social media.
- Set-up phone or face to face meetings with hard to reach potential reciprocating referral Addiction/BH professionals
- Teach you how to market to your Alumni
- Available to represent you at any conferences
Addiction Treatment Marketing Audience
We have one of the largest addiction treatment center marketing footprints We specialize in social media marketing and teach you how to grow your footprint while maximizing the time needed to produce results. We have a social media footprint reaching over 1,000,000 utilizing LinkedIn, Facebook, G+, Twitter, and YouTube.
- 60,000 Addiction and behavioral health professional email contacts
- 15,000 Addiction and behavioral health contacts in Florida
- 30,000 Level one addiction and behavioral health connections on LinkedIn
- 33,000 Addiction and behavioral health Followers on LinkedIn
- Run 13 Addiction Professional Groups on LinkedIn and Facebook with over 200,000 Members (CLICK HERE for a list to join)
- Run 12 Addiction Facebook groups with over 60,000 members of professionals and individuals seeking treatment.
Improving You’re Addiction Treatment Center Marketing Strategies
We have outlined many components needed in you’re an addiction treatment center marketing strategy. If you’re interested in setting up an effective marketing mix, growing your social media audience, filling your referral funnel in multiple ways and learning how to track your calls contact Charles Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org, or attend our 14th Addiction Conferences Executive Thought Leader Panel Series in Riviera Beach, FL on 10/23/18. We will be providing what the Addiction and Behavioral Health industry needs to know about getting insurance companies to pay in 14-days, drug rehab marketing, SEO that gets you on page one of Google, social media marketing, FARR certification (is it mandatory or not,) utilization review, billing, collections and more. This event has 5 Executive Thought Leaders presenting on proven ways for industry related organization to get new revenue streams and increase their ROI in many different ways. Our March 2018 event SOLD OUT.
Connect with me on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesdavis1