The Addiction Professional Referral Group is the most popular and active behavioral health group on Facebook. This group connects over 19,000 addiction professional nationwide and it averages 1,500-2,000 posts and remarks per month. This month we are honoring a group member for stimulating controversial conversation on medication-assisted treatment. This post produced the most remarks and activity over any other post for the month of October. You can join the Addiction Professional Referral Group here.
Connecting Addiction Professionals Nationwide with Resources, Strategies, Ideas, Drug Rehab Marketing, Networking, and Addiction Conferences
Our goal is to educate addiction professionals on ethical business practices, provide useful resources, assist in connecting for new relationships, educate on evidenced-based treatment, fight against patient brokering, educate on ethical marketing practices (in this group, with our marketing and at our addiction conferences), and use our large voice to encourage industry self-regulation. This group has consumed a large amount of our time to build and maintain. We hope you will mutually support us by getting educated here and attending one of our Addiction Professional EMP conferences. Our next addiction conferences series event is on 1/22/19 in Costa Mesa, California.
Here is some of the work that your mutual support has assisted us in;
- We have spent 1000’s of hours building this group and 10-15 hours per week maintaining it.
- We need mutual support from our group members to continue to be a large voice in the community.
- Raised $400,000 worth of addiction treatment scholarships for the Riveria Beach Civil Drug Court
- Raised $250,000 worth of addiction treatment scholarships for the Addicts Mom
- Radio personality educating on the ethical business side of addiction, and fight patient brokering with national radio station Recovery Radio Raw
- Spent 1,000 hours building the Addiction Professional Referral Group to provide an unprecedented Facebook group that is a trusted source for professionals.
- Maintained 14 LinkedIn Addiction professional groups, and 45 Facebook Groups with over 210,000 members
- Educated on proven business operating strategies
- Educated on proven drug rehab marketing strategies
- Provided 14 Addiction Conferences for CEO’s, Executives, Directors and Outreach bringing Executive Thought Leader Panelists educating on proven business and marketing strategies to survive the new and difficult landscape.
Addiction Professional Referral Group Member of the Month
The addiction professional of the month is Steve Wize, CEO of Mental Fitness. Steve’s post was not only the most active but also, addresses one of the most controversial topics in our industry.
So crazy idea, but I’d like to hear some other addiction professional opinions: Create a standing order for Suboxone- no prescription necessary. Make it as easy to get as Narcan…. any thoughts?
Steve Wize is an author, speaker, and corporate wellness trainer who specializes in helping companies and individuals reach their full potential. After graduating with his Master’s degree from Pitt, Steve went on to become a licensed clinical social worker and has spent the past five years working in private practice. During this time, Steve designed his own unique curriculum in which he has used to create his book, and his business, Mental Fitness, LLC.
In addition, to being the founder and president of Mental Fitness, LLC, Steve also works as a life coach in the Western Pennsylvania Area. Steve has always considered Pittsburgh his home. He is married, has five adopted dogs, and is also the author of “The Amazing Chase” series which promotes dog rescue and adoption efforts.
Steve graduated from Penn State Erie – Behrend College with a degree in Psychology, and from the University of Pittsburgh with a Master’s Degree in Social Work—Mental Health, with a concentration on Direct Practice. He has been working in dual diagnosis and substance abuse counseling since 2010. Steve’s passion to help others struggling with substance abuse or mental health issues is fueled by his own loss growing up of a loved one to a drug overdose.
In addition to offering extensive experience in opioid addiction, Steve has expanded his clientele to include adolescent, family therapy and couples counseling. Along with group and individual drug and alcohol counseling, Steve specializes in smoking cessation therapy, gambling addiction, depression, anxiety, relationship issues, stress and anger management, and overcoming grief and loss.
Steve believes that every person has the potential for improvement in their lives, regardless of their backgrounds or current circumstances. By utilizing a non-judgmental, solution-focused approach, Steve helps clients to master their mental fitness achieve their full potential.
“Smile on your face, song in your heart.”
Resources for Business and Drug Rehab Marketing Strategies
The addiction professional referral group is a trusted resource for business, drug rehab marketing, and administrative operating strategies. Our industry is experiencing unprecedented changes affecting the administration, business, and marketing operating procedures. Laissez-faire business strategies are no longer effective. Using the old business and marketing strategies puts organizations in our industry at great risk of closing their doors. We are seeing many addiction treatment centers and opiate detox and sober livings closing their doors. The organizations that are closing all have one thing in common. They stayed with business as usual tactics including boots on the ground marketing, call centers, and Adwords as their main strategies. They all suffered from Digital Darwinism.
The Internet is the #1 Source for Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment Centers
The web is the absolute #1 resource to reach potential clients in any business. The number of people using the internet is growing astronomically every day. The lightspeed growth has caused severe marketing problems for almost every industry. Understanding how to effectively utilize the web to generate clients or customers is an overwhelming task. Almost all treatment centers and ancillary service providers in the substance abuse industry do not understand web marketing. Our industry has traditionally resorted to short-term solutions to their long-term problem of maintaining a census. They, almost always are looking for an instant return (30 days) on their marketing.
Over 90% of our industry suffers from digital Darwinism. Digital Darwinism is when technology moves faster than industries can adapt. Why does web drug rehab marketing outperform all other marketing combined?
- Currently, the average person spends nearly 10 hours a day online. Unbelievably, we now spend more time on the Internet than we do sleeping (8.4 hours).
- Today there are approximately 7.4 billion people living on the planet, and ~ 23 billion internet of things (IoT) connected devices, which is an average of 3 devices per person. By 2025 it is estimated that there will be over 75 billion IoT connected devices worldwide.
- There will be at least 3.5 billion Google searches performed every day. Google also processes over 40K search queries every second. That translates to 1.2 trillion Google searches per year.
- Google.com is the most popular website in the world. Youtube.com is second and Facebook.com is third.
- Internet users have an average of 7.6 social media accounts
- The average daily time spent on social is 116 minutes a day
- There is a new social media user every 15 seconds.
- Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp handle 60 billion messages a day
- Facebook: 2.072 billion users
- Youtube: 1.5 billion users
- Wechat: 1.12 billion users
- WhatsApp: 900 million users
- Instagram: 800 million users
- Weibo: 600 million users
- LinkedIn: 500 million users
- Twitter: 330 million users
- Reddit: 234 million users
- Pinterest: 200 million users
- Snapchat: 178 million daily users
- Google+: 111 million users
Understanding Drug Rehab Marketing Like You Understand Addiction Treatment
Almost every addiction treatment center owner understands addiction treatment and has an extreme passion to help others. However, this is only 1/3 of what is needed to run a successful drug and alcohol addiction treatment center. Owners of treatment centers and sober livings also need to completely understand the business and marketing components. They have to be extremely educated in these two areas. Relying upon a drug rehab marketing agency and drug rehab business consultants is extremely risky if they are not educated in these areas. Having a solid education in these areas is paramount for owners and operators. With this key knowledge, operators will be able to tell if these professionals are performing for their organization.
For example, over 90% of substance abuse provider websites are not structurally correct. Poor website development is the #1 and most costly mistake made in web marketing. If a website is not structurally correct, you are leaking Google juice. Every marketing dollar you are putting into web marketing, without having a structurally correct website, is being wasted by leaking Google juice and the opportunity to get on page one of Google organically. It is extremely easy to tell if a treatment center understands web marketing by looking at their website. A website is the foundation of web marketing. If your website is not structurally correct, you are wasting every marketing dollar you put into web marketing.
The top 3 organic slots and Google maps account for 70% of page one click-throughs. To put into perspective, AdWords or PPC only accounts for 2% of the click-throughs. While AdWords does produce calls, many of these calls are poor with many asking for Medicaid and Medicare. The top 3 organic leads are much more qualified for the services and insurance provided.
Why is a Website the #1 Mistake in Drug Rehab Marketing?
The # mistake in drug rehab marketing is website development. When you build a house, you build it on concrete. Almost all drug rehab websites are built on sand. Almost all websites in our industry are built by website designers, not website developers. This critical and costly error is the fault of the treatment center owner and the marketing agencies they have used. As an owner, if you understood what needs to be done for proper website structure and drug rehab SEO, you would be able to tell if the professionals you hired are doing their job.
The important difference is a designer will build a beautiful, aesthetically appealing website. A website developer opens the golden Google doors for Google to effectively communicate with google’s searcher. Many addiction treatment centers websites are ascetically beautiful. While this is somewhat useful for the target market, it is not very useful in Google ranking your website on page one. The first part of getting on page one of Google is to have a website that communicates to Google that you can answer the terms that are searched. Here are some of the common mistakes made substance abuse websites;
- Is the hierarchy of our website good for Google?
- Do we have schema (Sign Posts for Google) incorporated into our website?
- Does our website have a sitemap and have we told Google it’s there?
- Is our website fast enough on mobile for the new speed update released on July 9, 2018?
- Are we using Yoast to check the bare minimum for our drug rehab SEO?
- Are the URL’s for our website correct for SEO?
- Does our website have an SSL certificate?
- Does our blog have SEO for our keywords? If so, what are those keywords and how many of the blog posts have made it to page one of Google?
- Do the main pages of our website have SEO for these keywords?
- Have we done an H-Tag audit on our website
- Do our pics have ALT tags and are they geocoded?
- Have we done a hyperlocal page?
- Do we have a skyscraper article?
- Are our Google maps properly coded and placed on our website?
- How are we building quality back-links?
- How many citations do we have?
- Do we understand and utilize your Google Analytics?
- Do we understand and use call tracking metrics?
- What is our list of keywords based on our organization’s services? And, out of those keywords which ones can, we easily rank for on the first page of Google?
- Do we understand Google analytics and how to use it to build our marketing campaign?
- What posts are producing the most calls from our call tracking metrics?
- When was the last time we posted in our Google My Business?
- When was the last time we uploaded pictures in our Google My Business?
- Are our pictures on the website optimized (GEO and Keywords)?
- Is our blog attracting and engaging for our target audience?
- Are we building a targeted and captured social media audience (from SEO visits) of professionals and individuals seeking treatment with our drug rehab marketing on Facebook and LinkedIn?
- Does our cuurent drug rehab marketing agency provide SEO training?
How Does Boots on the Ground Compare to Web Marketing
The industry trend has been traditionally relying upon boots on the ground marketing. While this should be a part of your marketing mix, it should only be one piece. Above you see the astronomical numbers of people using the web and the amazing activity that is produced every day. It is impossible for outreach to obtain even 1% of these numbers. The small to medium players consensus is that we cannot compete with the big players because they are spending too much on web marketing. This is a huge misconception in our industry. The small to medium players can outperform the big players in some areas if they have;
- Proper website structure
- On page and off page SEO
- Use of key long tail keywords
- Knowing where and how to get PR7, PR8 and PR9 backlinks
Understanding the Business Side of Addiction Treatment
Our industry is experiencing many paradigm shifts. It is critical that operators of drug rehabilitation centers, opiate detox and sober homes get educated on proven business strategies. The conversations on the business and operation side of our industry are much different than the conversations that outreach professionals have. Only the best-educated CEO’s, Executives and Directors will survive the extreme competition in our 40 billion dollars a year industry. These leaders need to completely understand many different areas;
- Insurance Reimbursements
- Laws and Regulations
- Accreditations and Certifications
Addiction Professional Referral Group Helping Addiction Professionals Nationwide
We will continue to be a trusted resource for every addiction professional by educating on ethical business practices, provide useful resources, assist in connecting for new relationships, educate on evidenced-based treatment, fight against patient brokering, educate on ethical substance abuse marketing practices (in this group, with our marketing and at our addiction conferences), and use our large voice to encourage industry self-regulation.
Executive education is key for owners and operators. Behavioral Health Network Resources also provides Addiction Executive conferences educating on these key areas. Our addiction conferences each have 5 proven Executive Thought Leaders presenting at each conference. These one-day conferences focus on the business and marketing side of our industry. We have hosted 14 conferences and the success has been the valuable content and the talk show host, town forum format. These conferences put together the minds of the 125-200 attendees in an open forum. We hope you will attend our next addiction conferences EMP Series on 1/22/19 in Costa Mesa, California.